It's that time of year again for my work to celebrate THREE birthdays this month! So Happy Birthday to Audrey, Andrea, and Jacob!! I made a different theme for each person but all these cupcakes do have one thing in common, the flavor! Since this flavor was such a hit last time, I decided to do it again for this occasion, these are Vanilla Bean cupcakes with Macha Green Tea Buttercream! So tasty! All the decorations are made out of fondant.
Audrey: For Audrey's cupcakes, I made cute little penguins because Penguins are one of her favorite animals! Instead of trying to make the penguins look realistic in proportions, I wanted to make them out of ball shapes to make it more stylized. I created a girl penguin with a flower on her head, a boy penguin with a bow tie, and a party penguin with a party hat to celebrate Audrey's birthday!!
Andrea: Andrea has many talents and one of them is the talent of knitting! I just had to recreate the balls of yarn for her birthday cupcakes, and I also added a knitted sweater, and a knitted scarf in the making! Andrea can do way more than just sweaters and scarfs, but now she can also eat these! Happy Birthday Andrea and I hope you have a stitchin' time celebrating!
Jacob: One of Jacob's many hidden talents is knife throwing, so I decided to go with the ninja theme because lets face it, who else can do it better than ninjas? I made ninja throwing stars and a super stealth ninja. Then I had to consult my ninja expert (Khoa, my husband) and he helped me find reference to create the throwing knife (I did not know what they looked like...)! I used some silver luster dust to give the knives a metallic look. I can confidently say I won't mind throwing these sharp objects into my belly! Happy Birthday Jacob, go crazy!
- Why do penguins carry fish in their beaks? Because they haven't got any pockets!
- What do penguins have for lunch? Icebergers!
- What do you call a penguin in the desert? Lost!
- Why did the monster knit herself 3 socks? She grew another foot!
- Three pregnant women are sitting chatting and knitting jumpers for their expected kids. The first one says, "I hope that I have a baby boy, because I'm knitting a blue jumper." The second says, "Well I hope that I have a girl because I'm knitting a pink jumper." The third woman says "I hope that my kid is a spastic, because I've F@*%! up the arms!"
- Ninjas do not sleep, they wait. Ninjas CAN believe it's not butter. Ninjas can divide by zero.
- Ninjas invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices, but nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.
- Ninjas don't shower, they only take blood baths!